Best Part of Me
My Bride Peggy and I just celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary. Or, as I like to put it, we celebrated our 12,418th anniversary. I celebrate every single day with her, and 34 years=12,418 days. As such, I would like to share 34 reasons, Peggy is the best part of me. I would share 12,481 reasons, but the post would be way too long.
- Peggy loves God. She lives out that love every day of her life.
- Peggy loves Jesus. She looks more like Jesus in her life today than she did yesterday. Or the day before, or 12416 days earlier than than.
- Peggy loves the Church. Her unselfish dedication is an inspiration to me.
- Peggy loves people the way Jesus does. Hang out with her for five minutes and you will see that for yourself.
- Peggy is patient. She puts up with me after all!
- Peggy is kind. The most kind person I know!
- Peggy is not jealous. Oh she used to be, but God has done a major work in her life in this regard.
- Peggy is not boastful. She is clothed in humility.
- Peggy is not proud. She knows that she is not the source of the incredible gifts she possesses. God is.
- Peggy is not rude. No joking here, she is simply not rude.
- Peggy does not demand her own way. Oh, she may get her way with me often (her sister would say always), but it is not because she demands it.
- Peggy is not irritable. Can she be irritated? Yup. I can do that do her, but she is a pleasant personality, not seeking to be be irritable.
- Peggy keeps no records of being wronged. She has never tried to use the “I told you so” line on me, and she is wonderfully forgiving for all my gooberness.
- Peggy does not rejoice about injustice. She is a fierce fighter for justice for all.
- Peggy rejoices when true love wins out. By true love, I mean the cause of Christ.
- Peggy never gives up. She is still with me, right?
- Peggy never loses faith. Even when I try to.
- Peggy is always hopeful. See that sparkle in her eye?
- Peggy endures through every circumstance. Did I mention that we have been married for 34 years?
- Peggy has made me into the man God created me to be.
- Peggy is my chief encourager.
- Peggy is my chief confidant.
- Peggy is my chief cheerleader.
- Peggy is never afraid to give me a good, swift kick in the rear end.
- Peggy “gets me.”
- Peggy knows when to just hold my hand and walk in silence.
- Peggy knows when to take me in her arms and comfort/console me.
- Peggy knows my deepest darkest secrets and still wants to be around me.
- Peggy is my best friend on this planet.
- Peggy inspires me to be more than I think possible in Christ.
- Peggy has complete confidence in me.
- Peggy’s beauty is more than skin deep, and that beauty takes my breath away while giving me goose bumps.
- Peggy is smokin’ hot, baby!
I am without a doubt, the most blessed man on this planet. I married up. I praise God for every day He gives me with this beautiful woman of God. I am not afraid to let the whole world (wide web) know it!